Level I Accident Investigations (Westminster)
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- INTRODUCTION TO ACCIDENTS – Proper methods of response, vehicular positioning, scene management and officer safety
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Most effective ways to visually document the scene
- EVIDENCE FROM THE ROADWAY – Recognition of roadway evidence to include skids, scuffs, gouges, debris fields, etc.
- EVIDENCE FROM THE VEHICLE – Recognition of damage causations, existing damage recognition, vehicular dynamics, vehicle examinations, seat belt examination, transfer marks, occupant injury recognition, etc.
- LAMP AND TIRE EXAMINATION – Light identification and damage recognition, tire identification, tire examination and safety determinations
- MAPPING – Field notes, sketches, proper documentation, proper measurement methods, diagram inclusions and proper diagraming
- FELONY INVESTIGATIONS – Blood draws, warrants, filings, arrest considerations, etc.
- SPEED ANALYSIS/MATH REVIEW – Review of common principles, formula introductions and practice
- PRACTICALS – Field work recognizing vehicular damage, friction determinations, marking identification, speed analysis exercises, mapping, parts analysis, etc.
Please see attached: Level I Accident Investigations (Westminster)