IPMBA Police Cyclist Certification Course
- 21 to 27 speed mountain bike in good mechanical order. The bike must be of sound quality and properly fit the rider.
- The bike must be equipped with toe clips or similar devices, a chain stay-mounted side stand and night-riding equipment (i.e. headlight [minimum 10 watts] and flashing LED tail-light).
- Each student must bring, and use, a properly fitted bicycle helmet, protective eyewear, cycling gloves and a reflective traffic vest.
- Padded cycling shorts and clothing appropriate for weather conditions are highly recommended.
- A completed PAR-Q form (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire).
- Must already know how to ride a multi-speed mountain bicycle. This course is NOT a beginner’s bicycle school.
- Should be in good physical condition. For example, students should be able to ride 30 miles at an average speed of 12 mph.
- Must attend all 32 hours of instruction.
Please see attached flyer: IPMBA Police Cyclist Certification Course