IPMBA Police Cyclist Certification Course
• 21 to 27 speed mountain bike in good mechanical order. The bike must be of sound quality and properly fit the rider.
• The bike must be equipped with toe clips or similar devices, a chain stay-mounted side stand and night-riding equipment i.e. headlight (minimum 10 watts), flashing LED tail-light.
• Each student must bring, and use, a properly fitted bicycle helmet, protective eyewear, cycling gloves, and a reflective traffic vest.
• Padded cycling shorts and clothing appropriate for weather conditions are highly recommended.
• A completed PAR-Q form (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire)
• Must already know how to ride a multi-speed mountain bicycle. This course is NOT a beginner’s bicycle school.
• Should be in good physical condition. For example, students should be able to ride 30 miles at an average speed of 12 mph.
• Must attend all 32 hours of instruction.
Please see attached flyer: IPMBA Police Cyclist Flyer