Scholarships are available for any peace officer in the Greater Metro Training Region (GMTR). A scholarship provides financial assistance to cover the cost of attending training within the GMTR, outside training regions or out of State. Scholarships are provided on a reimbursement basis only and can cover all or part of the requested cost for a peace officer to attend a class, workshop or training conference. Common requests include: tuition, lodging, travel, per diem, etc.
The attendee/agency will need to complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form prior to when the class is scheduled. The application should be completely filled out and submitted with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests with missing or incomplete information will not be reviewed by the GMTR Governance Committee and will be returned to the requesting agency to supply missing or incomplete information.
Scholarships are generally reviewed by the GMTR Governance Committee on a monthly basis, however, exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis should the need arise.
NOTE: All costs need to be requested during the initial application. Scholarships can be granted in whole or in part. The agency/officer will be notified once the Committee has reviewed the application request.
Within 30 days after completion of the training, the agency/officer that was awarded scholarship funds must submit all required documentation to the GMTR Training Coordinator. (Please note that reimbursements are sent to the agency, not the officer.)
Examples of required documentation include:
- Class training announcement
- Class invoice (to include proof of payment)
- Certificate of completion/attendance
- Itemized lodging, airline and rental car receipts
- Per-diem (daily amount not to exceed the current Federal per-diem rates for the location where the training is held)
- Mileage for personal/work vehicles (to include a map which shows the distance between the law enforcement agency and the training location)
- Parking costs
- Please note that POST does not reimburse for tax except in very limited circumstances
For further information or questions, please contact the Jeff Sanchez at email@example.com.