Scholarships through the Greater Metro Training Region (GMTR) are available for any peace officer in the GMTR region. A scholarship provides financial assistance to a student to cover the cost of attending training within the Region, outside of the Region or out of State. Scholarships are provided on a reimbursement basis only and can cover all or part of the requested cost for a peace officer to attend a class, workshop or training conference. Common requests include: tuition, lodging, travel, per diem, as well as backfill.
The attendee/agency must complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form. The application should be printed, completed in its entirety, including supervisor approval, and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with all of the required documentation. Requests with missing or incomplete information will not be reviewed by the GMTR Governance Committee for consideration and will be returned to the requesting agency to supply missing or incomplete information.
Scholarships are generally reviewed by the GMTR Governance Committee on a monthly basis, however, exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis should the need arise.
NOTE: All costs need to be requested at the time of initial application. Scholarships can be granted in whole or in part and the contact person noted on the application will be notified of the disposition of the scholarship once the Committee has made a determination.
Within 30 days after completion of the training the agency/officer that was awarded scholarship funds must submit all required cost documentation to the GMTR Training Coordinator. Please note, all reimbursements are sent to the agency, not the officer.
Examples of appropriate cost documentation include:
- Course registration/tuition – proof of payment, registration form, training announcement
- Course certificate of completion
- Itemized lodging, airline, rental car receipts
- Per-diem (daily amount not to exceed the current Federal per-diem rates for the location where the training is held)
- Mileage for personal/work vehicles – map which includes the distance between the law enforcement agency and the training location
- Parking costs
- Please note that POST does not reimburse for tax except in very limited circumstances
For further information or questions, please contact the Jeff Sanchez at email@example.com.